I am a Registered Psychologist, with a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of British Columbia. I have been honored to be an invited guest into the inner lives of my clients for over twenty years. Many have said that through our work together they have experienced profound change and healing in their lives. We first work to build a trusted alliance and through this partnership lasting, meaningful change happens.
I work primarily with those experiencing:
- anxiety- panic attacks,social anxiety, general anxiety and worry, obsessive compulsive disorder & agoraphobia,
- post-traumatic stress (military,motor vehicle accident, abuse)
- sleep problems
- women's issues
- substance abuse
- chronic pain/headache
- parenting support
- relationship issues
Therapeutic models include: cognitive-behavioural therapy, insight oriented therapy, mindfulness therapy, client-centered therapy, narrative therapy, mind-body therapy, and brief psychodynamic therapy.
I strive to bring compassion and understanding to my work.
1997 Reg #1260 College Of Psychologists of B.C.
1994 Ph.D. University of British Columbia
1989 M.A. State University of New York at Albany
1985 B.A. University of British Columbia
My background includes:
- Stanford Medical Center/Palo Alto Veteran Affairs, National Center for PTSD, working mainly with those struggling with trauma, substance abuse and relationship problems.
- I did my Master's degree at the State University of New York at Albany, Center for Stress & Anxiety Disorders . I was a cognitive-behavioral therapist, and provided assessment and treatment at the Center.
- I also spent some time as a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of British Columbia’s Anxiety, Depression & Stress Disorders Clinic. I worked treating those with anxiety and depression, as well as, contributed to research and treatment program development.
- At the University of British Columbia, I was involved in research investigating the nature and treatment of anxiety, depression and pain.
- I have several research publications in scientific, peer reviewed journals.